Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chili Cheese Nachos--the EASY way

Recipe courtesy of Semi Homemade Mom


So Saturday night, Wichita State faced off against Louisville and Syracuse faced off against Michigan in the NCAA Final Four.  For those of you who know me well, you know that March is my FAVORITE time of year because I LOVE basketball, especially college basketball. 

In honor of the sporting event I thought I would make some great game day food.  I found this recipe, and oh MY is it SIMPLE on one of my favorite food blogs, Semi Homemade Mom.   This blog features some great recipes that are made with love, but a lot of the ingredients are made from box mixes (much like the way I cook!). 

I will warn you, this is NOT the healthiest recipe in the world by any means.  I did save a few fat grams and calories by substituting fat-free and turkey ingredients, but still the nutritional info might shock you.  Now I halfed the original recipe because it is just me and Shannon.  Granted, Shannon could probably eat the other two servings by himself, but I thought I'd save some money.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can of Hormel turkey chili with no beans (you can use any kind of chili you want though)
  • 1/2 bag of restuarant style tortilla chips
  • 1 cup of fat-free shredded cheddar cheese

Optional ingredients:                                    

  • sliced jalapenos
  • sour cream
  • quacamole
  • diced tomatoes, onions and lettuce

Instructions:

Place tortilla chips in two separate bowls (or one large serving platter if you're the sharing type).  Warm the chili on the stove or in the microwave until at desired temperature.  Pour warm chili over the chips, then top with 1/2 cup cheese for each bowl (or obviously the entire cup of cheese for a platter).  Then feel free to top with any toppings that you'd like and bam, you got dinner!

Nutritional information:





No comments:

Post a Comment