Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Strawberry-Brownie Cupcakes!

Strawberry-Brownie Cupcakes

(Courtesy of Pinterest and Allrecipes.com)



Howdy blog friends!  You're in for a REAL treat with this little beauties! I will start by saying that I am a much better cook than I am baker, but if I can have these turn out for me, then so can you! I found this "recipe" on pinterest and knew I just HAD to make it.  Shannon loves brownies (haha he even has a brownie dance, but don't worry I wouldn't embarrass him by sharing that) and he love strawberry cake, so this is really the best of both worlds for him. 

The reason I have two links posted above is that the actual link on pinterest takes you to another recipe on allrecipes.com, one for brownie batter + cupcake = SECOND BEST cupcake ever!  The inventer of this recipe used a different cake mix and different frosting.  So in reality you could substitute in ANY flavor of cake mix you prefer.

The recipe I am posting yields about 2 dozen cupcakes, if you like smaller cupcakes.  Shannon likes big cupcakes so I made one batch big and the other are smaller and really they weren't very pretty being smaller.  So my recommendation is that you DOUBLE everything. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 (19.5 oz) box of brownie mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil (I used vegetable oil and it turned out just fine)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 (18.25 oz) box of cake mix
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil (Again, I used vegetable oil instead)
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 can icing (or homeade if you prefer)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cupcake pans with paper or silicone liners and set aside.  Whish together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil and 1/4 cup water in a bowl.  Stir just until mixed (there will still be lumps); and set aside.  Mix the cake mix, 2 Tbsp oil, 1 1/3 cups water and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electic mixer on low speed until blended.  Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes (it makes it kinda whipped which is cool).  Spoon the brownie mix into the prepared cupcake pans until about 1/3 full.  Spoon the cake batter over the brownie mix until cups are 2/3 of the way full*.  Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops are golden and spongy.  Let all cupcakes cool.  Top with your favorite icing. 

*I like to fill my cups to the top.  I like for the cupcake to rise up out of the holder and give me something to put icing on.  If you fill them 2/3 of the way full, they will not do that. *




The ingredients...it really wasn't that hard to make at all!

Before icing...see how nice and big my tops are!


DELICIOUS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment