Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

(Courtesy of Campbell's Kitchen)


If Megan Mathews is reading this blog right now she is smiling.  She once said that all I ever made for dinner was something with rice, cheese and chicken in it.  Which is probably right, because I am a self-proclaimed picky eater!  Well due to my love for poultry, dairy and rice (I am from SE Texas y'all!) this recipe is like a staple in our househould and we eat it whenever we get the chance.  Because I am picky though, I do omit the frozen veggies from the original recipe.  I prefer to serve my veggies on the side!

Ingredients:

  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 1/3 cups of water
  • 3/4 UNCOOKED long grained WHITE rice **it has to be white rice to follow this recipe exactly, if you figure out a way to make it with brown rice, please share!**
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 1/14 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions:

Heat the oven to 375 degrees.  Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder and pepper together in a casserole dish.  Top the rice mixture with the chicken.  Cover the baking dish with foil.  Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.  Top with cheddar cheese and let sit for 2 minutes.  Stir the rice before serving.

This recipe is EASY PEASY, so I help you enjoy!





Finished Product yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment